GUIDING OUR YOUTH THROUGH THE STORMS OF LIFE
This evidence based program offers peer support groups for children who are grieving the loss of a loved one due to death, divorce, deployment, incarceration, a long term illness, as well as support for those going through trauma or a major life changing event, such as moving or transitioning to a new area. The support groups are for Pre-K through high school aged children from all backgrounds.
Children are able to grieve, communicate and heal among peers in an environment that is safe, supportive and encourages the growth of self confidence.
Rainbows programs are sequentially based across all age groups and cover twelve core topics:
Self, Feeling, Divorce/Death/Loss/Grief, Transition/Change, Anger/Hurt, Fears/Worry, Family, Belonging, Step-Family, Acceptance, Coping Tools and Reaching Out.
Additionally, the program is shown to:
• Help children develop problem-solving skills and strengthen anger management techniques;
• Improve school attendance and academic performance;
• Alleviate depression and anxiety;
• Reduce emotional pain and suffering;
• Improve communication in their families; and
• Reduce the likelihood of destructive behaviour